Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 October 2009

How to advertise Scotland

I think I could work for the Scottish tourism office because I seem to advertise Scotland a lot. So Oli, with whom I studied, and Sebastian, a friend of Oli, took the bait and came over to a cold and rainy Scotland on Friday. Gales but drier conditions were forecast for Saturday and this is how it looked at Clashrodney...

...where we climbed Chester...

... and then Capitol wall.

Oli, father of three, kept his head down and went fishing instead of climbing but finally our brainwashing worked and he had a go at the Hairline as his first climb and also did Capitol wall afterwards.
Here is us topping out traumatised after a spicy solo.
We followed the coastal route via Dunnotar castle...
... and had our desert storm on Lunan bay.
On Sunday we hit 100 balls each at the driving range at St. Andrews and afterwards I had a wee jog at Clova and spotted these climbers doing ZigZag double direct E2 5c. One of my favourite routes.

Another good weekend. Scotland has a lot going for it and I'll carry on singing hymns of praise!
H

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what happend to the blog you had earlier in the year? much better quality with good stories and pictures.

steve b.