Total Pageviews

Sunday 29 March 2009

Active recovery at Meikle Partans

First Ryan and I would let you know that we have now fully thawed after yesterdays winter walk. We were looking for a friendly experience and thus we went to Meikle Partans, one of the friendliest crags in the North East of Scotland. It is about as friendly as an estate agent during the economic downturn. Here is a photo of the bonny piece of immaculate red granite.

I started with Epistrophe which was my first VS. Ryan then did the HVS variation of the bridge which is a traverse to the right and a thin layback move up to the finishing jug. The picture shows him on the traverse.

I experimented with a tripod and remote control which explains the wee black thingy in my left hand. It was a bit nippy and I did a bouldering traverse and then climbed Strawclutchers wall, an E1 on immaculate granite. The moves were flowing, an outstanding route.

No comments: